Saturday, August 20, 2005

Tennis, anyone?



The New York Times assigned me to cover the Rogers Cup women's tennis tournament here in Toronto this week, specifically to provide new images of some of the top seeds for their upcoming US Open preview. It was a great assignment because I only needed to focus on one of the players in any given match, and because the preview isn't coning out until next week, I wasn't on deadline.

The media people at the Rexall Centre were great, helping out with additional power outlets for laptops & battery chargers, and getting glitches with the wireless network straightened out very quickly.

The assignment was a lot of fun and it allowed me to play with a few different things like slowing way down on my shutter speed when I photographed Serena Williams' match against Stephanie Cohen-Aloro of France....sometimes we forget that photography is supposed to be fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon, that is just one of the best tennis shots I've seen. Period. Nice to talk with you today - Frank Petronio

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home